Wednesday 15 January 2014

What do you see in this picture?  I think it depends if your a male or female.  B is quite proud of this picture. He carries the picture around on his phone and pulls it out and shows anybody who is willing to look at it. It is the classic proud Dad with the picture in the wallet.  Myself, I cringe every time I see it and do not carry it around on my phone or wallet.
 Go back to last year when the picture was taken, it was the last race of the season at Fernie, British Columbia.  Every race I stand at the bottom, my heart rate has elevated and I am saying a little prayer "please have my son come down that hill in one piece."  My eyes are wide and my ears are listening to every little sound until I see the bike and my son.  That day was no different and he was in one piece and on his bike and finished the race.  When we reached him he was so disappointed.  "I fell off my bike, twice" my heart sank for him but he was talking, walking so it couldn't have been that bad until I saw the picture on pinkbike.com published of him crashing.  What do you do? He sleeps, breathes and eats (literally and figuratively) downhill biking.  It is his passion.  

I must say when Gingersnap(a nickname he picked back in hockey) got recruited to the Winsport team I was relieved as he trains 4 days a week and is learning all the teqniques, maneuvers and even how to fall off the bike and land properly,  haha 

The Journey Continues....

M~


No comments:

Post a Comment